Sunday, March 1, 2009

Untitled

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.
In this place that is so very strange,
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.

I am sorry I am breaking your heart,
But you have broken mine.
Mending hearts takes more than mending fences.
With you I had let down all my defenses,
And each time, you let me fall.
This is not what I expected from love at all.

I try to speak so you will hear,
Talking louder until I am screaming.
But I am still alone and dreaming,
Trying to escape from the fear.

Deep down I know your heart is true,
but that very heart you keep from me.
Every piece of me I try to let you see,
But each time you don't understand, do you?

Now I lay me down to sleep,
All alone as I weep.
If I should die before I wake,
You should know my heart was not yours to take.

No comments: