Thursday, March 26, 2009

Snow Day

What a day. It snowed a good portion of the day...and when a friend called needing to be picked up fro the airport, I said "Hell yeah!" Unfortunately, the snow drift in my neighborhood said "hell no," so ended up turning right back around--and by that I mean, 2 guys with pick-up trucks helped tow me out of the snow drift. It was interesting, I laughed--and I am thankful to live in a place where people are so helpful.

I stayed in the basement most of the day. If you read my previous post, then you know why. It was just one of those days where it was too painful to be out...to see the snow sans Bubba...to not hear him today. He would have loved today so much...

I spent a good portion of the day looking for apartments. I hope to move in the next couple weeks...I love my parents' house, but I can't stay here long. I need my space and the cats need to be able to roam free--right now they are confined to the basement--another reason I stayed down here most of the day. I just hope that the perfect apartment pops up...it's difficult. There are entire towns off limits because of, well--I don't want to run into certain people.

Today was tough...and it has taken me a while to realize that it's ok to have bad days. Everyone has them. I am just having a little more of them lately...and they will pass. And, it's OK to not always be fine. It's ok to hurt, I am allowed to be sad sometimes.

That's a leap for me.

No comments: