Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"You won't be single for long...."




This sentiment kind of cracks me up.

I have heard it quite often lately--even over the past year. And yet, I am still single.

People are so shocked when I tell them I don't really get asked out on dates....they act so surprised, like the sun rose in the west or something.

I guess maybe I am just used to it, or whatever. I am used to feeling unapproachable, undesirable...despite my efforts to be friendly, open and honest....

I guess maybe that I am also OK with it at the moment. I am learning what it means to be single, how it feels, all the trials and tribulations...and accepting the awkwardness...

But life likes curve balls.

And I am pretty sure that's at least one reason why I got asked out on a date tonight.

Because of all things....

No comments: