Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Not yet down for the count...

It is amazing what one good day can do. The pain is not gone, but it has subsided substantially. I don't feel like I need to sleep for 100 years just to get through tomorrow. And that is pretty great right about now.

Fortunately this is not one of those moments where I almost literally have to hold my heart in. The past few days I have had to really physically push on my chest sometimes just to stop the ripping, exploding feeling in my heart. But not right now...

It's nice to have these moments where I feel human again...where I don't feel like such a shadow of myself. Instead I start to feel like...a really big newborn, with a clean slate and a whole lot to do in this world. I am reminded that I am down, but not out. Round one may have left me battered, bruised, and completely baffled--but I am ready to kick ass in round two.

I am down, but not out. I really hope I can feel this hopeful in the morning.




No comments: