Sunday, September 6, 2009

Climbing

Today was another day of rock climbing, and it was so wonderful. It was great to once again have friends join me, so we could share the experience (even though none decided to brave the "cave" with me...).

My mind was so full as I was climbing today. We all hiked and climbed at different paces, so for the most part I was alone. Which was nice--I had the safety of others nearby, but the solitude I love.

As I climbed, I thought about how we all had the same goal--make it to the peak. But we each could take our own path...and I purposefully would take a different route than everyone else. I wanted a challenge...something different. I am not afraid of the road less traveled.

The best part is the journey...the climbing. Yes, it's difficult and at moments seems impossible. But it is always possible. There is always a route to the top, there is always a way. Sometimes you have to go down to go up, and sometimes it is almost more than you can bear. But as long as you stick it through, it's possible.

But you'll never know unless you stick it out.



No comments: