Sunday, March 15, 2009

Moving out...

I have moved.
Out of my old house,
Into my older house.

But somehow I have a harder time
Moving out of my old role,
And into my new one.

You've made it clear that you don't care,
Just by telling me how much I don't care.

The empty rooms echo
Like the pieces of my heart.
Feeling empty, broken,
And out of place.

This is not what I wanted.
I have not won.
I have lost it all.
You may feel the victim here,
but I am a victim too.
And the fact that you refuse
To acknowledge my pain
Makes it even greater.

You display your pain
Like a peacock displays his feathers,
I don't understand why.
But each display puts me down,
Pushes me further away from you
And from the love I know we once shared.

I am moving out.
Out of my old role,
And into my new one...
I cannot stay in my old role
Any more than I can stay at your house.

I am moving out.

I am moving on...






No comments: