Friday, December 4, 2009

Igloo 8

As the cold outside get colder,
As the days get shorter,
As the nights grow longer
And leave me stranded in my thoughts...
I wonder what it feels like to be whole again.

As the wind slices through my coat,
As the snow soaks through my boots,
As my breath leaves a trail in the air
And reminds me of how cold it is here...
I wonder what it feels like to be warm again.

It feels like forever ago
That I felt like I was complete,
Like I was enough.
I used to know everything I wanted....
Now I know so many things
That I don't want.

This cold...this snow....
Is what it used to feel like
All the time in my heart,
And in my soul.
Where you are so cold,
You're numb.
All you know is,
You're cold.
And you don't want to be....
Anymore.

There may be no more ice blocks,
Not even the imprints remain.
But the flowers have died too.
I will have to wait...
For the springtime
In my heart,
For them to blossom again.

I just have to remember,
For every winter,
There is a summer....
And every summer
Has a winter.
Every memory made
Has another waiting to be made.
Every smile has its frown...

Each feeling of loneliness
Has a balance of companionship.
Moments of doubt,
Their partners of understanding.
Days of tears,
Look for days of laughter.

I look for my days of laughter,
As I wait in my days of cold.

No comments: