Wednesday, March 10, 2010

When Time Keeps You Waiting....




Lay Low
By Lauren Evans

Lay low, lay low,
Don't run too fast,
Take hold of your feelings if you can.
Lay, low move slow to make it last,
Don't rush a good thing.
Remember when time keeps you waiting,
Don't get impatient,
Just lay low.
Why don't you taste every moment,
Don't waste what you're given,
Just lay low.

_____________________________________

There are days....weeks...months....years...I get ahead of myself. In everything...love, life, work, breathing. I forget to blink. Seriously....I have special contacts to help hydrate my eyes because I can't even remember to take the time to blink.

This song has been on my mind for the past couple days...especially today. I forget that I have time. I forget that things take time--that they need time to grow and blossom...and sometimes I feel as though I am a gardener standing out by my rosebush, through rain and sleet and snow--screaming at my roses to bloom.

If I could just remember...to stop and enjoy the perfectly formed snowflakes as they fall on the seemingly dead limbs, to gaze in wonder at the dew drops forming on the spider web between the leaves, breathe in the morning air as the sun rises on a tiny rosebud forming...then maybe I could more fully appreciate the full glory of a rose in bloom.

Things take time. Everything takes time. Even if I don't want it to...it does and it always will.

For now...time is keeping me waiting. So I will stop, and enjoy the sound of raindrops gently falling on my rosebush while I wait for a tiny rosebud....

No comments: