Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Last March

I just spent a few minutes looking through my blogs from this time last year, and I have to say--I am really glad to be here, and not back there!

It is amazing how much has happened in a year. How far I have traveled, how different my future looks.

This time last year, my heart was broken--shattered. I can still remember the feeling oh so clearly...my heart wanting to burst out of my chest, having to literally push against my own ribcage in an attempt to make it at least feel as though my heart was not going to be expelled from my body. My mind constantly racing, never quiet...my thoughts wandering all over the dark depths of loneliness. Everything a tangled mess of "I don't know what comes next" and "How the hell did it come to this?" Nothing made sense, and I still remember the moments where the pain seemed too much to bear...

Everything feels so different now. I see a future for me, a path I never thought possible--is laid out right before me. I am as brave as I want to be...and just as curious. I finally feel like there is no one holding me back...and that is a great feeling.

One year ago today, we signed all the divorce papers. It was really the end, until the official paper came in the mail in June. So, happy Freedom Day part 1.

I look forward to where I will be next March.

No comments: