Thursday, March 18, 2010

365 Days




One year ago today...

We lost you buddy. I understand--I know you had been battling for so long, and it was so hard and painful. But you fought so well...you stood so strong.

I just miss you so much still. You were the one who sat by me year after year, when I felt alone--you were there. All those Valentine's Days--I never spent one alone, because you were there. I miss...was back when you were a puppy...you would crawl under the covers with me and help me procrastinate getting out of bed.

Butch looks so much like you...and you would love Sunny so much. We call you "Uncle Cedric" to them. You would love them so much...and they would love you so much back. But I still get caught off guard, I'll look at Butch...and see you smiling back at me.

Tonight, I want to cry just as much as I did one year ago. I want to rewind....just to get to hang out with you and scratch your ears...just one more time big guy.

I know you are happier now, and so I am glad for that. I know you no longer have the pain and sorrow of your ailing body...and now all you have is the joy of a soul set free.

I just still miss you.

Rest in peace Cedric. Love you.

No comments: