Friday, March 5, 2010

Journey



A year ago, this album got me through the toughest times. It was part of my last shopping trip using my old card with my old last name...using our joint account and "our" money.

I tried to put this cd in my car the night I bought it. I remember being so frustrated because all I wanted to hear was "Don't Stop Believin'," but for some reason my cd player was kind of broken at the time, and I couldn't get the cd to go in and actually play. It would just spit the disc right back out...I tried for 2 days, then finally it went in!!

I cannot explain the euphoria I felt when i was finally hearing those notes coming out of my speakers...I wanted to jump for joy...

This disc came to represent so much of the months following my divorce. I listened to this cd for about 3 months solid after I left. I would drive into work with "Don't Stop Believin" on repeat...some mornings it was the only thing that made me feel strong enough to make it to work.

But I listened to this cd as I learned to love and trust again...and every song reminds me of the new-found freedom I discovered only one year ago. I still love to put this disc on...and with the opening riffs of "Only The Young," my heart once again soars, and I am reminded once again of the freedom and joy I have gained....


No comments: