Thursday, March 25, 2010

Daydreamer




I am a dreamer...
I am an executioner--but not the kind that kills people.
The kind that makes things happen.
I like to execute things...as in actualize actions.
Not killing.
I dream...and dream...
And then do.

I want to dream the biggest dreams--
The most impossible, improbable, crazy, wonderful ones...
then make them happen.

I want this feeling that my wings are being clipped
To go far far away.
I want this feeling of falling,
Like Icarus plummeting to the earth
To go even further away.

I want to feel again like nothing is impossible.
Like all that I dream is true...
All that I imagine is at my fingertips,
If I just reach far enough.

I want to be allowed to dream...
To dream and not fall...
To have someone push me to dream bigger,
Better, more wonderful things,
And not bring the clippers to my wings.

I am looking for a dreamer...
And an executioner....not the kind that kills things...
The kind that does things.
I want someone who dreams as big as I do,
And works as hard as I do.

Where is my daydreamer?
Are they off dreaming too,
Instead of searching for me?
Are their toes squishing in the sand,
Their laughter belting out everywhere...
Dreaming.

Maybe they are dreaming of me too....
Like I am dreaming of them.

No comments: