Thursday, October 7, 2010

Worry is Such a Silly Thing...

...and yet, I do it all the time.

And I worry about silly things too...

Like:

I worry every night that I am going to put my contacts back in the wrong side, so that only every other day are my contacts in the proper eyes.

I worry about missing cool numbers that pop on my odometer...like yesterday I missed 233233...I am waiting for 234567. But inevitably, I get distracted at the last moment and miss the number I have patiently waited for. (Before 234567, I am waiting for 233332....)

I worry about my cats, all the time. No, they are not spoiled--they just get everything that they deserve. ;-) I worry that they aren't getting enough attention, that they will get bitten by a very large spider, or that they will get injured in some freak accident...

I worry about shopping carts hitting the backs of my ankles. It really hurts!! And my youngest brother used to do it to me all the time as a kid, so now I will not walk in front of a cart.

I worry about misunderstanding music lyrics. As a writer, I feel I have an obligation to know exactly what was written and sung...but sometimes the lyrics are so hard to understand.

I do worry about normal things too, don't worry. ;-)

I worry about doing well at work...about getting enough hours and being the best I can be.

I worry about my family, and everything they have going on in their lives...

I worry about the future, what it holds...what it doesn't hold.

I worry that I am not good enough....

See, normal things...right?

I think about these sort of things when insomnia strikes. It's actually about 2AM right now...I worked a late night shift at work, came home and have not yet been tired. Kairi will force me to sleep soon, she likes her cuddle time!!

Worry is something we all do, I know. But what do you worry about that's silly?

No comments: