Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fall...

I love the fall colors of Colorado. It is hard to imagine anything more beautiful than the brightness of the changing leaves juxtaposed against a dark and cloudy sky.

Fall really is in full swing. Yesterday I wore a fall outfit for the first time this year.

Already?

I know that all too soon winter will be here. Even though fall has just begun, the feelings of winter will be right on its heels.

Every time I walk outside and the weather is like this...I just wish that this was as cold as it ever got here. I wish the changing leaves would stay for a month, instead of just a week. I wish the ice would never form on the roads, and that the snow would only fall in the mountains (except for on Christmas Eve and Christmas, which are the two days a year I LOVE snow...) I wish the wind were kinder, the day still longer, and the cold not so biting.

I look at the trees...how is it they are almost bare already? It seems not so long ago they were just blossoming for the spring.

Oh winter...I know you're coming. But can you wait just a while? I am not yet done with Fall...

No comments: