Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday Best...

This morning I woke up, and had a flashback...back to the Sundays with my ex.

I don't know how else to say it, but we were basically different religions. I consider myself a non-denominational Christian and he was Catholic. Two very different things. So our deal was that we would go to his church for three weeks, and then my church for three weeks. (He and his family sang/ played instruments for the 'praise band' so that was his schedule.)

I remember miserable morning of getting up to be at mass by 745. I was "not allowed" to skip church--even a couple times when I was feeling sick I had to get up, and spend my morning amongst people who did not want me around in a church where I did not agree with all their teachings. My saving grace for those Sundays was the fact that I could come back home and sleep after brunch.

After a while of not being allowed to "call in sick" to church, I started volunteering to work Sunday mornings. I began to enjoy working on those morning more than being at church...

For "my" church, we never went. I stopped going to church my senior year of high school, and have not really found a reason to go back. But that can be another post. ;-)

Nonetheless, it was so calming and so freeing to realize that life is not what mine is anymore. It was great to realize that I didn't have to get out of bed early just to spend my morning being torn down.

Life has changed so much, and I am so happy for it.

No comments: