Friday, October 1, 2010

Lazy Evenings...

It is so nice to have evenings free, and to get to spend them with someone I love.

It is so odd working in such a different atmosphere and with such different hours. I did love my job at CU, but it consumed my life for so long. I worked long hours at school, and would often bring work home as well. I had no social life, and when I was married much of any of my free time was spent alone or in front of the tele.

I don't have a set schedule from week to week. There are certain things that stay the same, but my schedule is constantly changing. While it's kind of nice (it does keep me on my toes), it can get a bit overwhelming at times...you just have to take one look at my calendar to see that.

But I still have time to breathe. I still have time to write. I even had time for a run today, but decided to let my lungs have one more day of rest. I have time to be with Ryan, and he wants to spend time with me...it's a wonderful thing.

So I am enjoying lazy evenings...being a homebody with Ryan. Cooking dinner, watching a movie, cozying up on the couch for hours. It's wonderful to feel wanted, to feel like someone wants to spend time with me doing the sort of things that I like to do.

And even though I work tomorrow, what a wonderful way to start the weekend.

No comments: