Saturday, June 6, 2009

Missing You Gently

My head is settled,
But my heart is weary...
Each beat reminds me
Of a missing piece.

Every beat of my heart
Reminds me that
We are apart.
But my head covers over,
Tries to temper my heart,
Makes everything much more sober.

My head reminds me to be careful,
My heart asks me to be true,
My head tells me to watch my step,
My heart pleads for me to open up.

Deep inside I miss you more than words could say,
But in my mind and in my words
I feel I must hide so much of what I feel...
My head tells me to temper my emotions,
Dull them down to protect you...
To keep them from being too much for you.

So with each word that passes my lips,
And each word that spills from my fingertips,
I am missing you oh so dearly, so completely on the inside,
But I am trying to miss you gently on the outside.

No comments: