Sunday, December 20, 2009

Mistletoe, and Other Things

This time one year ago, I was fighting to save my marriage. Not myself, or what I believed, but that intangible thing we all recognize. I was losing myself in a battle I knew was already lost.

Going through the holidays with a facade, was so difficult...going on a vacation with a facade was easier somehow, but I knew it couldn't last long. I still can't believe that no one noticed....no one knew...

I am not looking forward to all that I will be feeling over the next week. I have not been single on Christmas for so long...since I was a young teenager.

I see things..like the mistletoe...and wish that I had someone to share it with. I wish that I had someone to cuddle me all Christmas Eve, and hold me Christmas morning.

Part of me is so angry to be alone right now...this is not what I wanted.

But I have to let that go...because this is what I have.

No comments: