Sunday, June 27, 2010

Crochet and Cats...




This afternoon....is lovely. I sat here thinking...I wish that everyone could see what I am seeing right this moment...

My beautiful little girl is curled up on my chest. She is looking out toward the window in our small bedroom, her eyes wide with excitement and contentment. She blinks slowly, all the while purring, sending tiny vibrations through my ribcage.

It's moments like these that I remember that my babies were on kitty death row at one point. Both Sora and Kairi came from rescues that save animals that are going to be euthanized at other overpopulated shelters.

I look at them, and I cannot imagine the world without them....I cannot imagine my world without them. They have been my constant, my tiny rocks, my reminder that I do still know what love is....and I am still capable of loving someone. That there is still something left to give out of this tin can heart.

I am so thankful for these small moments. They never seem to last long enough, and they seem so few and far between these days. But these kinds of moments revitalize me, and help me prepare for the adventures that lie ahead.

So I sit here...crochet on one side, Sora on the other, and Kairi right in the middle...and I couldn't be more grateful for my life in this moment.



No comments: