Monday, June 28, 2010

Fixing Things....





Today I finally fixed the window in my car!! I had to disassemble the car door to do it, but it was totally worth it!

I love working with my hands. I find it meditative, soothing, calming and fulfilling. There is just something about being able to touch something, change it, and either make something or just make something better.

Sometimes I wish I could spend my days fixing things. I loved all the times that I got to fix all the machines in the shop, I loved how Ted would rely on me to fix or rebuild machines, I loved the feeling of being useful.

I do love the feeling of being useful...being helpful...being able to brighten someone else's day.

On tough days, that feeling is what gets me through.

I hope I can find something to fix...or make for tomorrow.

No comments: