Saturday, May 16, 2009

Non poetry...

It has been quite some time since I have just updated you all without using poetry. So, here is something for those of you looking for a narrative.

I have almost finished settling into my apartment. I still have a bit to finish unpacking--which I started today. So, once again my house is a mess. But I plan to have it all done by the end of the weekend. Boy would that be nice.

The semester is over, so I have started working in Denver for the summer. I am very excited about all we have to do--it's a lot, but we can do it. I just see this summer as full of opportunity, so we will see where it takes me!

Overall, I am doing pretty well I think. We had a series of volleyball games last night (I joined a league) and 1) I actually went and 2) I actually stayed and played. I really didn't feel like playing, but the floor burn on my knee and terrible bruises on my hands and wrists will tell you that I did indeed play. It was not easy, especially toward the end. But it was fun, and hopefully next week will be even better.

There are still bad days...like today. And there are some really great days (like yesterday). I just have to much to learn, so much to try to change. I still can't believe that I am here, at this point. I never imagined myself here, of course....but it is still so surreal.

In general, I am happy. I have so much to be thankful for...and I have so many opportunities ahead. I am going to California to visit my brother, Scott, next month. He has lived out there 7 years, and this will be my first time visiting him. I am so excited.

So...you know how to reach me if you want more details. Take care, each of you.




No comments: