Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Breaking Things....




I already feel broken,
I already feel all is lost.
...all was lost...

You spent your days
Breaking things,
Breaking me.

You spent your nights
Breaking things,
Breaking me.

So I spent a day,
Breaking things.

Breaking the promises you gave to me,
Breaking the disappointment in the voices,
Breaking the lies you fed me,
Breaking the ties you wrapped around me,
Breaking the failure...
Breaking the fears of a new path,
Breaking the tears of a lost life,
Breaking the lies that scarred me so...
Breaking the moment that separated me from you.

Breaking the anger I feel towards you.

Breaking the hatred I want to feel towards you.

Breaking the heart you promised you would protect.

Breaking the life you promised me.

Breaking it all to pieces...

None of it can be put back.
None of the pieces will fit again.
None of me will ever be the same again.
None of it matters any more.

Today I broke what was left...
The pieces of my heart
That still ached from my loss...
The thoughts of
How did I let this happen...
The fears of
If I will ever be able to love again.

As I stare at the sharp shards of
Each broken plate,
Each ruptured glass...
I let go of the brokenness...

The brokenness you left behind,
Pieces of my heart,
Pieces of my soul,
Pieces of my life,
Pieces of my everything.

And I walk away.

More whole for having broken everything left.

No comments: