Sunday, June 13, 2010

Just Breakable....Breakable....Breakable...




Isn't it funny that if a heart ever stops beating, you have to break the thing protecting it in order to save it?

In CPR training, we were taught that if you are not pushing hard enough to crack a rib or two, then you aren't pushing hard enough to keep the heart pumping--and save a life.

How does this relate to broken hearts?

I remember right after the divorce...there were moments I literally had to crush my ribcage into my heart--just so I wouldn't feel like my heart was going to explode out of my body. It was so painful--I still remember it so very clearly...

So, to bring a broken heart back to life, do we have to break through all that is protecting it?

"Do you ever think about what protects our hearts? Just a cage of rib bones, and other various parts...we are so fragile, and cracking bones make noise, but we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys...." (from Breakable by Ingrid Michelson)




No comments: