Saturday, May 1, 2010

And counting...




In less than a week, I will no longer be an employee of the University of Colorado. I mean, I am working for CSF (the Colorado Shakespeare Festival) and so I'll be in the shop...but it's going to be totally different. First of all-it's only 3 days a week. Secondly...it's just not the same. Not teaching students, not making our own shows....it's a totally different job, just in the same room.

I am slightly in denial that this is the end. I keep telling myself...you have one week to prepare for graduation...you have 6 days....5 days...unfortunately, I am not sure that I feel any more prepared as each day passes.

Today was a great day--I got to spend some quality time with Sharon, which was awesome. She treated me to lunch and some pampering at ten20. It was nice to just have a day off, and to spend some time just catching up with a friend. I can't really remember the last time I did that!

I didn't work today either....first day in a long long time....my last days "off," I was moving. So I wouldn't really count those as days off. I am excited for the next week of work. I am going to finish Emmy's graduation dress and make a Princess Tiana dress for my niece for her birthday. I don't really have any other work to do at CU...except supervising.

Less than a week. 2.5 school days until the Costume Tech final is due. 3.5 school days until the Tailoring final is due. 4 school days until graduation day. 4. That's all. 7 years...and it all ends in just 4 school days.

What a run.


No comments: