Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day Off...




It has been quite some time since I have had a full day off to myself. Of course I stayed up very late...or very early, depending on how you look at it...working on a dress for my niece. But then I slept in very late, and then got to skype with Poosh for a whole hour. I ran out and did a little shopping, and now I am about to start some baking before heading off for a movie night with a friend.

I always forget how important it is to have alone time...to have time to myself....even just to have time to decide to do what I want. To be able to run out to the store and grab what I need, to stop and do the laundry, to just lay in bed with the cats for an extra hour...is amazing. Especially the cat part...I so so very much love cuddling up in bed with my babies. Lately they have both taken to cuddling up close, and I absolutely love it. There is nothing like holding one purring cat in one hand, and nestling the other who's laying their chest across your ear, so all you can hear is the sweet purr resonating through their chest and the peaceful beat of their heart.

One of these days I am going to spend the entire day in bed with my babies....I can't wait.

No comments: