Friday, May 7, 2010

Last day....Last Graduation...




It was my home.

I wanted to say that yesterday...but it wasn't quite true yet.

It is so hard to believe, that this place that I have spent most of my time over the past 7 years, is now going to become nothing but memories.

My entire marriage was encased within these walls...almost my entire relationship.

I found friends, lost friends. Failed, passed and surpassed. Thrived and barely survived. Laughed, cried, screamed, whispered and listened.

Most importantly, I lost myself...and started to find myself again. I am more able to answer the question my blog poses now then I was when I started here.

I left early today...really early. Ted and I stood through graduation, and then I left. I had packed my drawer, emptied my notebook...took most of the traces of myself away. I will be back there on Monday for one last day of cleaning...but it's not the same...

Graduation was today. Ted and I have faithfully stood through so many together...always leaving early. But today, we stayed for the whole thing. I realized that the class what was graduating were the freshmen the year I started in this job. A complete cycle...

My heart rose and fell all throughout the ceremony. I remember so well what it was like to be on that stage, feeling the weight of the world fall behind you as you realize that now you are entering the "real world," filled with hopes and dreams. It was only 4 years ago...but it seems so much longer....

I have to hold on and let go, all at the same time.

Hold on to the memories, the lessons, the love.

And let go of everything else....

And spread my wings...

And see where the wind takes me.

Congratulations Graduates.
Thank you everyone...it has been my pleasure.


No comments: