Saturday, August 15, 2009

My babies....

It is amazing to me how well my children know me. They know when I am leaving for just a few minutes, or when I will be gone for weeks. (I have found that when Sora knows I am leaving for a long time, he blocks the door....)

They know when I need cheering up, and Sora especially knows when I am in a sad mood. He reacts to people crying, always trying to get as close as possible to cheer them up. Last night there was a woman crying on the porch downstairs, and Sora could hear her. So he sat in front of the window for an hour, trying to catch a glimpse of the poor crying creature.

Sora knows I don't want to sleep alone tonight. Usually he sleeps in the kitty condo, or if he's on the bed it's at the very foot. But right now he is curled up against my side....right at my elbow. His cute little feet are curled in tight as he dreams away...and his tiny little body rises and falls with each breath.

Kairi will join us as soon as I pack up the computer. She will lay on top of my head, wrapping herself up in my hair. She will purr and purr and purr until she falls asleep her chin resting on my forehead.

I am the luckiest. Two beautiful, loving, caring children. They light up my every day, and cheer me up when no one and nothing else can.

See...the thing about being with someone for so long, is it is hard to forget that dates no longer have meaning. Like August 14th. 8 years. Means nothing anymore....but Sora knows that it still means a little something....and a lot of pain still. So he is here...keeping me from tears.

I am the luckiest....hands down. My babies remind me of that every day.

No comments: