Sunday, August 16, 2009

Igloo 5

I thought I was here before.
And I know I was.
All the blocks had been carried away,
They had all been broken down
And had melted under the summer sun.
All that had remained
Were puddles here and there.

But I look around now...
And I see that somehow,
I have started to build up my igloo again.
Where I found this much ice
In the middle of the summer,
I don't know.

I have realized it earlier this time.
Only a couple rows of ice blocks
Has been laid down...
So the cold still hovers
On the ground.

I must remember....
The cold cannot
Make the pain
Go away.
It only
Makes me
Numb.

I kick over the rows of blocks
That have been rebuilt.
I choose to feel...
The joy the sorrow,
The highs and the lows,
All the emotions of life.

I choose to live in
Happiness.
No matter how much
The world tries to drown it.
I choose to live in
Hope.
No matter how much
The world tried to kill it.

I kick the ice blocks away,
Letting the flowers that have
Been crushed beneath them
Once again see the sunlight.

They are my reminder
That Hope always survives.



No comments: