Monday, August 3, 2009

Moonlit Slumber

I lay here...on the very edge of my bed (and by that I mean the air mattress my bros pulled out for me), next to the sliding glass door.

The door remains always open, so the cool ocean breeze finds its way through the house. The slatted blinds are tilted just so....so that the moonlight is shining down on the edge of my bed. The cool soft glow of the moon takes me back...way back...

To when I used to stay at Grandma and Grandpa's, after they put the new addition onto their house in Payson. I loved that house...and I loved that back room where I always stayed. It had the biggest bed I had ever seen!! I could lay sideways across it and still fit...so that's what I would do. On summer nights, I would leave the window open. Sometime there would be thunderstorms, and I would lay there and watch the lightning storms....

But my favorite nights were the perfectly clear nights, where the moonlight would shine down on me...and I would lay parallel with the window, so I could sleep totally in moonlight. It seemed so magical...so mystical.

Even now, as I lay under the moonlight...is still seems kind of magical. It is calming....soothing.

Someday, my own house will have a window perfectly placed so my bed can be right under it....so the moonlight can shine down on me again....

.....and I can forever enjoy moonlit slumber....

No comments: