Thursday, July 30, 2009

Saying goodbye...again...

It is always so hard to leave Tucson. I feel at home here....

The too hot dry heat that drives so many people mad soothes me. The hot Arizona sun warms me all the way to my soul...the blue sky and white puffy clouds set against the desert sand are the most beautiful backdrop for life. And Arizona sunsets are like no others....they can't be compared to any sunsets anywhere else in the world.

I have found a new peace....and maybe a new piece here too. Spending time with my Mom this trip has helped me heal the old wounds that lie here in this town for me. Learning to move on and continue to grow, continue to learn to love and trust.

A new piece...perhaps a piece of my future. It is still undecided.

I got the wrong fortune cookie when we went to lunch in Payson...my Grandmother got my fortune instead. "The reward for having feelings is great joy." I thought it more fitting for me than for her, so I kept the fortune.

So once again, I pack up what I have here...while simultaneously considering when will be the next time I come back to visit. Because I know I can't stay away for long...and I won't.

I will miss the wrought iron bars on the windows and doors. I will miss the cacti growing abundantly. I will miss the hot sunshine and glorious sunsets. I will miss this crazy pull-out bed and pile of pillows. I will miss visiting with my pen pals and extended family. I will miss midnight gardening and recon missions with Grandma.

But most of all I will just miss Grandma. My best friend...I am a very fortunate gal.

No comments: