Monday, July 27, 2009

I like who I am here...

There are many things about being here in Tucson that I love: being with Grandma, seeing my pen pals, the beautiful hot weather, lounging by the pool every morning, the sunsets...

But I have found that most of all, I like the person that I am when I am here. I don't know if it's because I am with Grandma, or if it's something about just being here in Arizona....but I like who I am here.

I remember to be polite to people all of the time.
Traffic doesn't make me crazy so I don't yell at other drivers.
I take the time to fix up the house and rearrange furniture.
I can cook....really great food. Really delicious vegetarian fare....without any recipes.
I am more supportive of my family.
I am outgoing....with strangers. I talk to random strangers at the store.
I don't hate people quite so much....
I don't hate children quite so much...
I feel more confident...

There are so many other things too...but it's late and I am tired. But truth is...I like the person I am to the world here....I like the person I am to myself here.

Maybe I should think about that.



No comments: