Sunday, July 12, 2009

SWF Looking for...

Watched the finale of Sex and the City last night with the girls. I don't absolutely love that show--it's not my favorite, but I appreciate it for what it was meant to be...a shout out to the single girls, married girls, hurt and loved girls of the world.

Carrie started into her "I am a girl who is looking for love..." and it got me thinking...what am I looking for...so here it is my friends...

I am a girl who is looking for her life. My life, which had belonged to someone and something else for so long. Now this girl is trying to figure out how to put all the pieces back together, and is watching all the new pieces fall into place.

I am a girl looking for her future...where will this new girl live? Work? Play? I don't know any of the answers yet...but I am searching. I am doing my best to find what lies ahead for me, and I am doing it as best as I can--absolutely terrified and excited.

And yes, I am a girl looking for love. Not perfect love--perfect men need not apply--just a love perfect for this girl. A love that is all-consuming yet non-restrictive...a love that cradles you without smothering you. I am looking for a love that fits me...where I don't have to be someone I'm not, and the person I love doesn't have to be someone they're not. I'm not looking for Superman...just my man.

I am looking for someone who will walk with me...who will run with me. Someone who will stand with me when I need them to. Someone who will listen to me, carry me when I fall...someone who will hold me so tight--and love me so much more than I could ever imagine.
I am looking for someone who will chase me just as hard as I will chase them...someone who will not be afraid. I am looking for someone who will be honest with me, and respect me enough to always be honest with me, even when it hurts.

I am looking for someone who will work as hard as I will...someone who will make mistakes and learn from them--and move on. Someone who will love me through all my mistakes, and help me learn from them--and move on. I am looking for someone who will let me see their good, bad and ugly...and someone who will love me even after they know my good, bad and ugly.

I am not looking to be a trophy wife. I am not looking to be a wife period. I am looking for a partner...someone who will care for me as I care for them.

I am looking for honest, true, hardcore, take your breath away, give up all your Star Wars cards:
LOVE.

And that is what I am going to find. I will not stop until I find all that I am looking for...it's my life. I found that piece...now it's time for the next piece--however small. Each step brings me closer...and I will live in happiness during my journey to find all these things. I will be met with trouble, strife, heartache and heartbreak. But I choose to live in happiness...I choose to let those who already love me fuel my journey...I am complete...I am enough.

No comments: