Thursday, September 23, 2010

Backpacking...

Today was my first day of backpacking...ever.

After an all-nighter driving--through a lot of rain and the remnants of a flash flood, we made it to the trailhead! It was a little touch and go there for a bit, with the Jeep surfing though what should have been a road...but after a few miles driving on the side of the road, it was all clear!

It was simply lovely, despite all the time we spent clearing mud out of our shoes after a multitude of encounters with quicksand. The scenery was lovely, and reminded me very much of Arizona.

(I am going to do one long blog post detailing the entire trip, so I won't go into too much detail now...)

But it was great to feel my body working. To see all that it can do, to think all that it could do. I was very impressed with how I faired, given that I had so little prep for this adventure!

It was a wonderful day spent with Ryan--it will be great to get to spend so much time with him! We haven't ever gotten to spend so much time together!! And it was great to have our friend Brian along--many thanks to Austyn for letting us steal him away from her for so long!!

I can't remember the last time I felt so exhausted...and fell asleep so early...

No comments: