Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fourmile Canyon Fire...

It is intense...

I remember the Dude Fire way back when I lived in Arizona. I never knew if we were in danger--it idn't seem like we were, we just woke up with ashes on the toys we left outside and on the windshield of the car...

As the Fourmile Canyon Fire continues to burn, I continue to hope and pray for the families displaced by the fire. I can't imagine what it must be like to have to take only what will fit into your car with you, knowing that what you leave behind you may never see again.

They have evacuated part of Boulder, and have said that they may evacuate more...to me that seems so unreal. It's just one town over from us. It's where I used to work. So unreal...

I just hope that no one is injured or lost in the fire. I remember the firefighters we lost in the Dude Fire, and I hope we don't have any stories like that here.

Good luck to those evacuating, especially those families with pets. May you all get to go home safely very soon.

No comments: