Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy Day...

Today was an absolutely wonderful day. I started the day with a job interview (which went very well, I think), then spent the majority of the day at the zoo with my brother and niece, and my beautiful friend and her little boy!

It was so wonderful to get to spend time with my niece--she has always been quite timid, so she never really talked or interacted with me very much. But yesterday she asked my brother if I could join them today at the zoo, and so I was super excited!

She talked to me all the time, and wanted me constantly by her side. She even wanted me to carry her and hold her hand...and I thought--this is why I want to live here. It is so much fun to listen to her talk about the animals and use her imagination--to see her still at that age where everything is possible...

It was extremely tiring--but I would do it again tomorrow! I am so happy that my niece wants to spend time with me!

I got to spend my evening celebrating...a new beginning. It was great to just be, and to find that someone loves me and knows me well enough to not bring me flowers...but to bring me a lightsaber instead. :-) Flowers will die, but lightsabers are forever.

It was a wonderful, wonderful day. My heart is full, my head is light...and I am exhausted, and ready for sleep.

On a side note, I am enjoying looking back to a year ago...to see how far I have come in the past 365 days. I did not write every day last year like I have this year, so I get very excited when I can compare today to exactly one year ago. And for today's comparison, one year ago I was feeling very Vindicated.

No comments: