Sunday, August 15, 2010

Being Away...

This weekend I got to go yurting for the first time--and it was great fun!

It was really nice to just get away...to be up in the mountains for 2 nights...to be separated from people and places...just to exist for a while...

I was the only insomniac though, so that proved to be a little trying. Everyone else was prepped and ready to be in bed before 11...and I ended up staying awake until I could just see the sky brightening a bit for the sunrise....

Both nights I laid awake for hours...listening to music...trying to watch the stars...thinking...reading and writing while my glow sticks still had light...

It still feels lonely...laying awake for so long, surrounded by people yet feeling so separated. It's not nearly as lonely as sharing a bed with someone and not being able to sleep....

...nowhere near as lonely.

No comments: