Monday, May 4, 2009

Igloo 3

Here I stand once again,
Feeling all alone in my igloo.
There are days it feels like
Nothing will penetrate the ice.

Other days I clearly feel the sun
Shining on my face,
Melting the ice so it drips
Perfect droplets down my cheeks.
Are they tears?
Or just the ice melting?
Do I want to know the answer?

Today, I cannot move a block.
It is too much to ask today.
So I wait, seemingly alone.
Not knowing what tomorrow will bring,
Not knowing if tomorrow I will be alone.

The ice is too thick.
I am too weak.
Today, faith is lacking,
and I am slacking.

I want tomorrow to be a brighter day,
I would like to feel the sun on my face.
I want to know that tomorrow will be a better day,
I would like to feel better tomorrow.

But for today,
It is enough to live.
Enough to breathe.
Enough to have a space--
My own place.
Enough to have my children,
my dear little souls,
by my side.

Today I will be ok.
I will survive just fine,
And maybe even find a way to thrive.

No comments: