Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Birthday

Tomorrow is your birthday,
And I don't know what to say.
For months now we've been apart,
Healing the broken shards of our hearts.
I don't know if I should call--
If you would want to hear from me at all.
I sent you a card with happy wishes...
Maybe you already have someone to share your kisses...
So as you celebrate without me,
(As it needs to be)
Alone for the first time in 8 years,
I pray you shed no tears,
That you get all your favorite toys,
And are filled with unlimited joys.
I pray that if you think of me,
That you will remember our time fondly,
That no hatred against me you'll hold.
Because as you've been told,
I never meant to cause you pain,
And I hope this was for mutual gain.

So Happy Birthday to you,
May you find in your heart what's true.
And remember this is what I had to do,
Not everything is about you.
But still, Happy Birthday to you.

No comments: