Saturday, October 3, 2009

Truly?

Someday You Will Be Loved
By Death Cab for Cutie

I once knew a girl,
In the years of my youth
With eyes like the summer

All beauty and truth.

In the morning I fled,

Left a note and it read:
"Someday you will be loved."


I cannot pretend that I felt any regret,
'Cause each broken heart will eventually mend.
As the blood runs red down the needle and thread,

Someday you will be loved


You'll be loved, you'll be loved,

Like you never have known.

The memories of me

Will seem more like bad dreams.
Just a series of blurs,

Like I never occurred.

Someday you will be loved.

You may feel alone when you're falling asleep,

And every time tears roll down your cheeks,

But I know your heart belongs to someone you've yet to meet.
Someday you will be loved.


You'll be loved, you'll be loved,

Like you never have known.
The memories of me

Will seem more like bad dreams.

Just a series of blurs,

Like I never occurred.

Someday you will be loved.


You'll be loved, you'll be loved,

Like you never have known.
The memories of me

Will seem more like bad dreams.

Just a series of blurs,

Like I never occurred.
Someday you will be loved.

Someday you will be loved.

_______________________________________

Do you ever wish that songs were promises? That there were some sort of guarantee? That singing along would be worth something?

That's how I feel about this song. It seems like a promise...but is it an empty promise?

Someday will I really be loved? And will all the memories holding me back really become a series of blurs?

Does my heart belong to someone I have yet to meet?

So many questions...so few answers.

Nonetheless, I do hope that someday I will be loved...the way I need to be loved, the way I long to be loved. I know I had love...but somehow it all fell apart...it disintegrated, like sand blown away right under my feet...

And every time I really thought that I had found it...I was wrong. So how will I know?

I thought I was ready for love now...but I am not so sure right now...maybe I am and I just don't know it. Maybe I'm not. I am just going to roll with the punches...and see where that gets me.

And don't worry...someday you will be loved too. Just remember to sing along...

No comments: