Wednesday, September 23, 2009

100

Wow...this is my 100th post. Not my 100th blog entry, but the 100th that I have posted. There are a few waiting to be finshed, waiting for the right time...but this is the 100th one to make it out into the world.

I started this blog a year and a month ago. It was meant to be a venue for me to start to rediscover myself...I never knew how far that journey would take me...

When I started this blog, I never would have guessed that I would be here now. As my Grandpa would say, "it has taken many rocks to form my road"...but I am thankful for each one, because each has lead me to where I am today. And I am pretty OK with where I am at now.

Some things still need to change....for sure. But I am moving in the right direction....slowly, but steadily.

So in honor of today's 100th post, here are 100 things about me...because this blog is all about me.

I am a lactosucrovegetard.
My favorite color is purple...
With orange as a close second.
I have 2 beautiful children...who happen to have 4 legs and fur.
I hope someday to be a lyricist.
I like to hula hoop....
And yes, I own a hula hoop.
I love woodworking.
I heart Star Wars....
And I can kick your ass at old school PS1 Masters of Teras Kasi.
I have a wonderful marble collection,
As well as a swizzle stick collection both from around the world.
I love to write (of course) and hope to publish books someday.
I love what I do--sewing and patterning are so enjoyable to me.
I am claustrophobic.
I used to dye my hair blonde...super blonde. (Brunettes totally have more fun.)
I find Robot Chicken hilarious.
I really enjoy watching anime...like Naruto, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke...
When I was a child, I wanted to be: a doctor, veterinarian, architect, painter...
Now I just want to be happy.
I once lived in the town with the world's oldest continuous rodeo.
My first job was in a library....I restocked books.
I feel guilty for wanting a leather jacket and leather motorcycle boots.
I am an insomniac (in case you haven't noticed).
I hate listening to voicemails.
My car is the best car ever. 35+ mpg. Up to 55 mpg.
I am a texting maniac...love it.
I want to learn to play the guitar....
And the ukulele.
I am the tetris queen...for packing and loading the dishwasher.
I am slightly addicted to FaceBook...
And chewing gum...
And shoes...
And huevos rancheros with green chile.
I love the beach,
And collecting sea shells on the beach.
My Grandma is one of my best friends in the world.
I have built a computer.
I can take apart a remote control...
And I can put it back together.
I can change the oil in my car.
I have broken my collarbone,
And my nose...
And my good friend's nose. (She'll forgive me someday...)
I got a 4.0 in high school.
In 3rd grade, I told my Dad they had spelled my middle name wrong.
So for about a year, I spelled my middle name "Marrie."
I am best friends with lyrics.com. I cannot stand not knowing the right lyrics to a song.
I am super proud of the scar from my wrist surgery...it is a battle wound.
I love scars in general.
Telling scar stories is one of my favorite past times.
I used to be in band,
I played the flute.
I quit because I never learned to read music.
I also used to be in choir...
Quit because I almost fell off the bleachers at a concert.
I just went to my first concert ever this month...and loved it.
I love rock climbing...
And spelunking....
Without ropes or harnesses.
I love the desert,
Not the biggest fan of snow....especially driving in it.
I love mountain driving...
I love driving in general.
In high school I used to drive to Chugwater, Wyoming for fun. Then turn around and come home.
I can sew both left-handed and right-handed.
I have 6 nieces and one nephew.
My family--all of it--is the best in the world.
I am extremely blessed with amazing friends. Like ridiculously blessed.
In addition to this blog, I have a series of journals. I am writing in 3 at this point in time.
My first word was "no." I still don't pay attention to it. ;-)
I can toast the perfect campfire marshmallow. Sheer perfection.
My eyes are blue with a small dot of brown under the iris.
I have a blinking problem. Seriously, I forget to blink.
So I can beat you at a staring contest...any day.
I am really good at thumb war. Really good...
Because I have double-jointed thumbs.
Growing up I used to have a pet monkey....Peanut...
And a pet pig....Hamlet.....
And pet ducks...Huey, Dewey, and Louie.
Yes, my children are named after video game characters...
Because yes, I love video games.
I have three pen pals...all under the age of 14.
I strongly believe in the handwritten word...
But can't remember the last handwritten letter I got....I miss those.
I love to write letters. If you want one...send me your address. I will send you one.
I always wonder what other people see. Always.
My mind is almost always racing. It is hardly ever quiet in here.
I can take something apart in my head--see the insides. It's like x-ray vision. ;-)
I didn't really wear makeup until I was around 19.
I love wearing heels.
I love the sound of my heels on the ground...click...click...click...
Tulips are my favorite flower...because of Cedric.
I do not regret getting married.
I regret not listening more carefully to the advice I received before getting married.
I do not regret getting divorced.
I regret the loss we have both endured.
I believe in rolling with the punches, and moving forward.
I still believe in love. I know it's out there waiting for me.
And I will never give up hope on that.

100 things...for 100 posts.

Thank you for caring enough to read about my journey. I appreciate those of you who read this, it means more to me than you know.

Thank you. Love to you.



No comments: