Friday, September 4, 2009

Ending

One day this feeling will pass,
I know it won't last.
The thoughts of you and me,
And how things used to be....
Down deep inside
I wish our hearts could have been tied.
I know I will still think of your eyes,
And your hands on my thighs.
I'll sometimes hear your voice,
Not always by choice....
I wish in my heart
That I had known from the start
That there would be this much pain--
But it is worth the all the gain.
And although never again will I clasp your hand in mine,
I'll still cherish you for all time.
You helped me learn to love once more,
For my heart you opened the door.
So despite all my sorrows
Over no more tomorrows
All our memories from the past---
Are wonderful, and they will last.
I understand you and I are through--
It's the only thing we could do.
And though it might make me bawl,
It's time to take your picture off my wall.
It's time for me to move on--
In some ways it won't take long...
But my heart still has to mend
Over this loss, over our end.
And as you move forward too,
Please know that this is true--
I am more than happy to be your friend,
That feeling will never end.
So take your steps and walk your road,
And I know someday these seeds we've sowed
Will blossom and grow--
Into what, I don't know.
But if you ever need a hand,
Or someone to help you stand....
You have a friend in me,
That I promise to always be.

No comments: