Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Theatre...

...the theatre. What ever happened to the theatre?

The last time I really worked in theatre was back in July. My contract with CSF ended around the middle of July, and other than dressing for the opera--I have stayed away.

As I was browsing through former students' photos of current productions, I realized that I don't really miss it. I miss some of it, of course...but not enough to go back. I enjoy making things for myself and others in my life...I enjoy not having deadlines for my creativity, not having to check with someone every step of the way, and not having to worry about someone else liking what I do. I like what I do, and that's what matters. :-)

Today is a beautiful day in Colorado. It's one of those "preview of spring" days that reminds me why I still live here. I don't have any pressing homework, I have already finished my work shift for the day...so I get to relax for a while, then organize the apartment a bit more.

Our place is starting to look more and more like home...and it feels more like home every day too. Most of our stuff is organized and put away--of course there is always more to do, but we're getting there. It is nice to have our own place, to have time together, and to just be.

We are neck deep in wedding planning, yesterday marked just 4 months away. I am scrambling about to find dress fabrics and shoes, we keep tossing ceremony and reception ideas around, and even went ring shopping. But unfortunately, the only things that are settled are that we're getting married and it will be in my parents' backyard. Nonetheless, I am so excited. It is going to be small and beautiful, simple and perfect.

So, as usual I will try to write more often--but school takes more of my time than I like. Regardless, I hope you all are doing well!

No comments: