Friday, March 4, 2011

Things I Don't Miss...

I got to spend some time up at CU today. I have decided I am going to make my wedding dress, so I was up there to drape it.

It was nice to get to visit everyone...I have missed everyone so! I do miss getting to see them all every day...

But there were so many things I did not miss...

...walking a mile or more carrying pounds and pounds of junk.

...supervising of a bunch of students whilst trying to finish my own work.

...the 1PM rush...I didn't even have to deal with anyone today, but I still made sure I wasn't in the room at 1.

...having to make a million decisions in just one day.

...talking incessantly.

...the stress of my old job.

Overall, I really enjoyed getting to visit, but I still see that I definitely made the right decision in leaving. I didn't realize how stressed out I was constantly in my old job. I love what I did, I still love draping, stitching, teaching, sketching, and most everything else. But I enjoy it all much more on my terms. I enjoy not having to supervise others doing it all too. I think that was probably my biggest stress.

So, I will continue to visit as long as those I miss are still there. But, I will not for one second regret leaving my old job.

I look forward to what is to come...all the chaos and uncertainty too.

The dreams I seek are straight ahead in every direction...

No comments: