Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Around the corner...

Ahhh.....

I love this time of year....spring is on our heels, which means summer is just around the corner. Warmer weather, more sunshine (or at least it feels like there's more sunshine), and less snow!! All reasons to love this time of year.

This seemed like a very gentle winter--in many ways. We did not get a lot of snow down here, the mountains got a lot of snow apparently--which is good because I don't want us to have another drought season like we did several years ago. I also feel like it wasn't quite as cold as other years...we only had a few days of near and sub-zero temps. And the sun has already started climbing high in the sky...it started staying out late earlier this year it seems, even though Ryan assures me it's right on schedule. Nonetheless, I feel like the sun is already high in the sky--and we still have a few months for it to climb higher!!

Depression didn't hit me as hard this year as it has in past years. Sure, there were still bad days and bad weeks, but I didn't feel like there were months that I was missing. A very gentle winter, that I am very thankful for.

School is going well--it's school. As always it's a lot of work, dealing with crazy professors and wacky students, a balancing act and like trying to keep a cupboard full of dishes spinning on sticks. But it's good, I am enjoying it--for the most part. The crazy professors always get to me--they just make me wonder how in the world they got hired to teach people.

In other news, Ryan and I have ordered and received our wedding bands. While we may have to exchange the sizes (it seems they are both about a half size too small), it is nice to have them. With all that is going on, there has not been much wedding planning going on. After realizing we are counting down to 3 months away, I decided we needed to get going on stuff! So slowly but surely, we are planning some sort of shindig where we'll end up married at the end. ;-) The way I see it, we've been spending much more time planning our marriage, and I am ok with that. If everything doesn't go super smoothly on the wedding day, meh--I won't be in any sort of panic. It is just one day after all.

In less than two weeks, I will be back in Tucson for a visit! A week from this Saturday I leave to spend a week with my Grandmother. I am excited not only for the warm weather, but also to get to spend quality time with my Grandmother...it has been far too long since I have gotten down to Tucson to see her. I think it has been more than a year...since leaving CU I haven't been able to take off enough time for a decent visit. Fortunately she has come out here for a few visits in the past year. Nonetheless, I am so looking forward to my visit!

Well, it's time to get back to school work. I am the Queen of Procrastination when it comes to homework, but at some point even I have to get started.

I hope all is well for all of you! Enjoy the springtime as it creeps its way towards us!!


No comments: