Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Traditions and Goodbyes...

I got to go out to the airport today to hang out with my Grandma for a while. First of all--I love driving to the airport. Second of all, I love being at the airport. And last but most importantly--I love spending time with my Grandma!!

It was great to just sit around and chat for a few hours between her flights. I am constantly reminded of how blessed I am to have her in my life, and that we are such close friends.

My Grandma and I have this tradition--we have done it ever since security changed and only people with boarding passes could go down the concourses. Every time, we wait in the security line together, continuing to chat and catch up. Then as we get to the end, we say our goodbyes. Then whoever is going on gets their boarding pass stamped and heads through security. The other one waits and watches until they are all the way through. Then whoever is on the other side of security turns around and finds a spot to look back--and then waves. We always find each other for that one last goodbye. Today it was my turn to wait for her to turn and wave, and it all brought back so many great memories.

I miss her so, but she will be here for a visit with us in just a couple weeks--I can't wait!!

No comments: