Friday, July 30, 2010

On Sadness...

Some days, I don't know what to write.

Over the years, I have taken solace in writing when I have been faced with pain and sorrow, grief and separation...

It has always been the times when I have been most content that I have had the most difficulty writing. And now that I feel more content than I have in years, I don't want to stop writing.

I have used writing to explore the depths of my sorrow, the loneliness of my solitude, the expansiveness of my grief, and the extent of my pain. It has been a coping tool for me--as long as I could analyze and express all of the sadness, then it all had meaning.

So what do I do now? How do I continue to write as my heart soars?

I have not often written about joy and happiness, and so I guess I will have to address it all as it comes along. I will attempt to explore the extent of my joy as I have explored the depths of my sorrows.

Because there is just as much meaning in the joy and contentedness...and I look forward to it.

No comments: