Monday, July 12, 2010

Rings and Things...




A ring really doesn't mean a thing,
If the promises it is meant to hold,
Until the days you are beyond old;
Aren't something you can swing.

A perfect circle,
A tiny symbol...
One for me,
And one for you.

All it takes is one lie...
Maybe two,
To break our ties;
And separate me from you.

All it takes is one touch,
One moment of time--
No, it didn't take much,
For you to break this heart of mine.

So now I will send this ring away,
All it's promises hold no sway.
I will wait for a brand new day,
When truer words will come my way.
______________________________

I am finally doing it. I am letting go of my rings...and other things.

It feels....freeing. Like finally really letting go...

Like freeing up my hands to hold onto something real...something in this moment.

No comments: