Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Baking, Crafting, Music and the Like...

Oh holidays...
I can't believe that Thanksgiving and C
hristmas have come and gone; and that it is now 2012! Where in the world did all the time go?!?

Lately, as I have been driving around here and there, I have been contemplating time. How it always passes at the same rate. A minute is a minute...a day is always 24 hours...a year is (leap
years excluded) always 525,600 minutes.

Yet, it does not always seem that all minutes are created equal...not even all years seems equal. Relativity, I guess.

2011 was a great year. Sure, it has its up and downs...but it sure was good to us. Our year was packed full of adventure...

We moved in together last January (after getting engaged on Christmas 2010)...

I got my nose pierced in April...



We visited Roswell, NM--and various other oddities of NM...


Saw Biffy Clyro live in an awesomely small venue...



Had awesome engagement pictures taken (by Austyn Elizabeth Ford)...




I made my wedding dress in one month...


Had an amazing bridal shower/bachelor party...



GOT MARRIED!!! On my Grandparents' wedding anniversary...





Had a fun time at Boondocks afterward...


Honeymooned in the sand dunes and New Mexico...


Went yurting with the other Borgmanns and the Duncans...


We moved out of our tiny apartment into a lovely townhouse...

Expanded our family with the adoption of Kaylee Serenity...




Went on lovely summer and fall hikes...


Finally got to see Rocktin Grove play...


I discovered my love of baking...


Ryan discovered his love of sharp objects...


Halloween-ed with awesome friends...


We celebrated Ryan's birthday in style...


I began mentoring and volunteering...


Kairi and Sora kept watch over the house...


Kaylee enjoyed her first snow...



Ryan got a new tattoo...


We spent Christmas with our wonderful families...



And we enjoyed every minute of 2011 possible...


So, 2012--here we come. We have big expectations for you. 2011 was pretty epic, so you better not let it show you up.

Thanks friends, for reading! Be on the lookout for more fun stuff from the Borgmanns...because 2012 is the year of the RayBorg...it's a slight adjustment to the Chinese Zodiac calendar. ;-)

Happy New Year to you!!

No comments: