Sunday, February 28, 2010

Learning how to live....

There are days,
I can't believe that you're not here...
That you're not by my side,
Walking hand in hand,
Stride for stride beside me.

There are moments,
I wonder where you are,
What you are doing...
And if you ever think of me
with anything greater than hatred.
There are small moments,
Where I wish I knew
You didn't hate me.

There are small moments,
Where I still feel
Like I hate you.

I walk and run,
No hand in mine,
Taking life's strides
As I please.
I laugh and love,
Walk along the beach,
Watch each sunset
All alone.

I realized...
That I would rather be alone.
Than be with you.

I realized...
That I am so happy now...
I am so content.
My life is so fulfilled.

I never could have gotten here with you.

These steps,
This path,
Has been mine alone.

No comments: