Thursday, February 11, 2010

Last First Opening Night....



Here is my shop! Well, at least it's my shop for a couple more months. This is the view looking in from the Toxic Garden on opening night for The Country Wife.

I walked out of the shop, looked back over my shoulder, and realized what I was walking away from. I paused, and decided to pull out my camera to catch some shots of what I saw...I just wish I could have caught what I was feeling.

This show was huge...definitely one of the biggest shows I have worked on at CU...and here it was, open. I couldn't help but to wonder if this was the last big show for me here...and all of a sudden I got very nostalgic. The terrible lighting, odd tables heights, messy messy room....it is all I know and love.

I have organized and re-organized this room a thousand times. I know where everything is--all the hiding places, all the keys, all the secrets. I know how everything works and I am pretty sure that I have fixed every single machine in that room...even the computers. And now, it is almost time to walk away.

It's very surreal...to think about leaving. but it will be time soon enough. I will tread a new path...where, I don't know. With whom...I have even less of a clue.


No comments: